5/13/09

Snakes v2 (Review of the Second Going)

Yeah, Snakes on a Plane rocked. But could anything have made my experience better? Only one thing. People. I went a second time on Friday night with 3 of my friends. Lo and behold, only 4 other people were in the theater. I shook it off, knowing that the movie would still be fun. We walked out as the previews began to get some popcorn. And returned to a theater with over 30 people in it. Sure, 30 people doesn't seem like much, but with my friends (one in particular), I knew it was going to be pretty crazy. Oh, by the way, as my friend walked up to the theater before the movie, we noticed a bulge in his shirt and paper in his hands. He had brought with him 4 plastic snakes and a fan participation script. This was going to be epic. The movie started, and the experience changed immediatly. It wasn't better or worse, just different. At random points in the movie, my friend would scream out funny one-liners, making everyone in the theater laugh, and once the godly line slipped out of Samuel's mouth, we all stood up with our snakes in hand (no pun intended) and shouted at the top of our lungs, swinging the plastic critters and jumping in circles. Things like that make a theater a fun place to be. And the best part were our fellow watchers. There were no shouts of "Shut up!," just laughing and agreement, sometimes even cheering our raucousness on. Snakes on a Plane has a solid 70% on RottenTomatoes, and the sales are literaly falling off the map, but the movie did what a movie should do. It found and fan base and did everything it could to make them happy. If just for the fact you want to see a funny flick where nothing really matters, I once again highly recommend this Blockbuster, and before it goes out of the theaters, I hope to see it one more time. Peace and love snakes!

No comments: